Digestive Biscuit Ladoo is a ladoo made from the popular Digestive Biscuits which originated in the United Kingdom.
Ladoos are an Indian sweet, which are round in shape. They are generally made of flour, sugar and ghee. The variations are umpteen, and one can give this traditional sweet a wonderful fusion twist, and that’s what I have done today. I have used biscuits instead of flour and since the biscuits are baked, the ladoos get a unique flavour. I have added condensed milk to sweeten them and cocoa powder to make them kid-friendly.
Digestive Biscuits contain coarse wheat flour, which gives these biscuits a distinctive texture and flavour and that’s one feature that Is important to make good ladoos. The coarse flour gives them a nutty taste. These ladoos are chocolate flavoured but can be made with different flavours.
Some of the flavours that I can think of –
1. Biscuits, cardamom powder, almonds and condensed milk.
2. Biscuits, coffee, walnuts and condensed milk.
3. Biscuits, powdered almonds and pistachio, cardamom powder, liquid jaggery.
I am sure you can get more innovative and think of more options. If you try something new, please do share it with me.
I first saw these ladoos at Archana’s blog, and actually tried them right away for Ganpati Festival. They were a big big hit and I must say the kids around really loved them. I am posting these Ladoos for the BM where the theme is All that can be in Rounds.
Digestive Biscuits Ladoos
1 cup digestive biscuits, powdered
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut, desiccated
1/4 cup condensed milk
1 tsp cardamom powder
Few white chocolate chips for garnish
Mix digestive biscuits powder, cocoa powder, coconut and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl.
Add condensed milk and mix with both hands to form a mix that can be rolled into lemon sized balls.
If the mix is dry, one can add more condensed milk, and if it is on the wet side, add more biscuit powder.
Make balls and garnish with white chocolate chips.
Here are some more Ladoos that you may like –
Digestive Biscuits Ladoo
- 1 cup digestive biscuits powdered
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut desiccated
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few white chocolate chips for garnish
- Mix digestive biscuits powder , cocoa powder , coconut and cardamom powder in a mixing bowl .
- Add condensed milk and mix with both hands to form a mix which can be rolled into lemon sized balls .
- If the mix is dry , one can add more condensed milk , and if it is on the wet side , add more biscuit powder .
- Make balls and garnish with white chocolate chips .