Mujadara is a Arabic rice dish made with brown lentils and rice . The dish is topped with fried onions and garnished with pine nuts and mint.
￼Here is what I have been posting under the Biryani, Pulao, Khichadi Festival –
Day 1 How to cook Rice with Absorption Method
Day 2 How to cook Perfect Rice for Biryani
Day 3 How to cook Rice in a Pressure Cooker
Day 4 How to cook Rice in a Microwave
Day 5 How to cook Rice in a Rice Cooker
Day 6 How to cook Basic Khichadi
Day 7 Undhiyu Biryani
Day 8 Banarasi Tandoori Biryani
Day 9 Bharwan Mirch ki Biryani
Day 10 Sindhi Thooma wara Chawara
Day 11 Achaari Panneer Pulao
Day 12 Nuts Pulao
Day 13 Mumbai Tawa Khichadi
Day 14 Vegetable Layered Khichadi
Day 15 Khichadi Bowl
Day 16 Stuffed Rice
Day 17 Kulhad wale Rajma Chawal
Day 18 Rice and Curry in Banana Leaf Packets
Day 19 Cheesy Baked Rice with Vegetables
Day 20 Maklouba
Day 21 Wild Rice with Grilled Veggies
Day 22 Thai Coconut Curry Rice
Day 23 Spanish Paella
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ground
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns cracked
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 cup Fried onions
- Salt to taste
- Pine nuts
- mint leaves
- Soak the brown lentils for 2-3 hours .
- Cook in an open pan , adding salt and water.
- Once 80% done strain in a colander , do not discard the water .
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes .
- Measure the reserved water from the lentils .
- Add 2 cups of water ( including the lentil stock ) to a pan .
- Add rice and let it cook 50% .
- Add salt and 1/4 of the fried onions , bay leaf , ground cumin and black pepper .
- Let cook for another 2-3 minutes .
- Now add the prepared lentils to the rice .
- Mix gently and simmer till completely done .
- Once done serve garnished with fried onions, mint leaves and pine nuts.