Diwali is a festival where maximum sweets are consumed though the trend of distributing sweets is changing . Nuts and chocolates are taking over . When we were in the hotel line it was kind of mandatory to make Kaju Mithai . The planning for it started a couple of months prior . We even made chocolates in bulk. Procuring the raw material , and executing these was a task but fun .
I still love to make sweets in a bulk and recently I made the Fruit and Nut Ladoos for Rakshabandhan . For today I have special Paneer Gulkand Ladoos . These ladoos are flavoured with Gulkand , the Indian rose preserve. The base of the Ladoo is coconut and paneer . Since we are using paneer the shelf life of these ladoos is very short and is better to consume them within two days. The ladoos are rich and melt in the mouth kinds.
These ladoos are my Day 1 post for the third week of BM 81 under the theme Diwali Sweets.
Paneer Gulkand Ladoo
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup fresh paneer
1/2 cup milk powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup gulkand
Few drops red food colour
Few pistachios for garnish
Add milk and sugar in a pan , let sugar dissolve .
Immediately add the coconut and milk powder.
Cook till all the moisture is gone .
Knead the paneer till very soft .
Add it to the coconut mix .
Add gulkand and food colour and mix till all comes together and there’s no moisture .
Grease hands to make lemon sized balls .
Roll each ladoo in dry coconut .
Garnish with pistachios .
Gulkand Paneer Ladoo
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup fresh paneer
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup gulkand
- 1/2 cup milk
- Few drops red food colour
- Few pistachios for garnish
- Add milk and sugar in a pan , let sugar dissolve .
- Immediately add the coconut and milk powder.
- Cook till all the moisture is gone .
- Knead the paneer till very soft .
- Add it to the coconut mix .
- Add Gulkand and food colour and mix till all comes together and there's no moisture .
- Grease hands to make lemon sized balls .
- Roll each Ladoo in dry coconut .
- Garnish with pistachios .