Even though I am not a great fan of cashews I like to make Cashew Barfi or sweet. This is one sweet that every one likes at home. There was a time when I used to make it in kilos for the festival of Diwali . My hubby being an expert with this mithai would supervise while the staff and I would do the hard work .
I have made Kaju Kesar katli , Kaju Mithai , Kaju Halwa and for today it is Kaju Gulab Barfi . This Barfi is made just like Kesar Katli but is flavored with Rose . I sprinkled some powdered rose petal powder on top . Later I felt I could have added some fresh rose petals too , which would have imparted a great flavor as well as aroma . Perhaps next time .
I have chosen to post Festival Recipes for the first week of BM #79 and Gulab Barfi is a Mithai which is not specific to any special festival . It can be made for any festival be it Raksha bandhan , Diwali or New Year . So let’s go ahead and make this sweet .
Kaju Gulab Barfi
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Few drops rose essence
When sugar melts, add the cashew powder.
Keep stirring on low flame.
When bubbles start coming, and the mixture starts leaving sides, put off the flame.
Add a few drops of rose essence and mix.
Allow to cool a little.
Roll between two polythene sheets.
Remove the top sheet and brush the sprinkle rose powder on the top layer.
Sprinkle chopped almonds and pistachios.
Kaju Gulab Barfi
- 2 cups cashew powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Few drops rose essence
- Rose powder
- Add water to the sugar and keep for boiling.
- When sugar melts, add the cashew powder.
- Keep stirring on low flame.
- When bubbles start coming, and the mixture starts leaving sides, put off the flame.
- Add a few drops of rose essence and mix.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Roll between two polythene sheets.
- Remove the top sheet and brush the saffron and sprinkle rose powder on the top layer.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds and pistachios.