Vegan Vanilla Nutty Cake is a delicious, soft spongy cake that has no dairy products. The Cake is highlighted with nuts and seeds.
Any kind of celebrations we cannot do without a cake. I normally do not make vegan cakes, but my bhabhi in Delhi is a pro with vegan cakes. My nephew is a vegan so she never makes anything to do with dairy. This is a cake she taught me while she was here for a short holiday.
This vegan cake is made with whole wheat flour, with very little oil and yet it is super soft. It had such a beautiful crumb, believe me, the cake vanished within seconds. I wish all cakes would disappear like this one!
I was really happy with this cake as you have all the ingredients at home. You really do not have to go out to get ingredients! A basic cake that can be tweaked as per your choice. Add the nuts as a topping or include them inside, they would taste wonderful. You could add tutti fruity for kids, add butterscotch…there are so many ways to change the flavor and make a totally new version.
This Vanilla Cake is my Day 2 post for Kid’s Delight – Srivalli’s Anniversary Party.
Vegan Vanilla Nutty Cake
11/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 cup water
Juice of 1 lemon
Mixed nuts, seeds, and fruits
Grease, line, and dust a bread loaf.
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes.
Sieve the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
In another mixing bowl add sugar and oil.
Mix well. Add half the water.
Add the flour mix and add more water to adjust the consistency.
We are looking for a batter with Dosa consistency.
Add lemon juice and give a quick stir.
Pour into the mould and sprinkle nuts, seeds, and fruits of your choice.
Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.
Remove the cake, let cool for 10 minutes before you de mold.
Here are some more similar cakes –
Vegan Vanilla Cake
- 11/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- vanilla essence
- mixed nuts seeds and fruits
- Grease , line and dust a bread loaf.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes .
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl add sugar and oil .
- Mix well . Add half the water .
- Add the flour mix and add more water to adjust the consistency.
- We are looking for a batter with Dosa consistency .
- Add lemon juice and give a quick stir .
- Pour into the mould and sprinkle nuts , seeds and fruits of your choice .
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean .
- Remove the cake , let cool for 10 minutes before you de mould .