Baked Potato and Broccoli Cakes are my Day 3 post under the theme Mashed.
Potatoes are something that I can have in any form . Actually I can survive for days , no actually months on them . It is because my mom keeps telling me that greens are a must , I have become conscious and try and mix greens along with potatoes . Today’s recipe is also with potatoes , I added fresh blanched broccoli to make these cakes healthy . Normally these cakes are fried , but I have baked these to make them more healthy .
Here are some more of these cakes or tikkis.
The Potato and Broccoli tikkis as we call them here , are very mild and except for pepper there’s no other spice , but if you could definitely jazz them up with some chilly flakes .
Baked Potato & Broccoli Cakes
Baked Potato and Broccoli Cakes
- 4 medium potatoes boiled
- 1 cup broccoli blanched
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Cheese grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Mash the boiled potatoes .
- Mix in the blanched broccoli .
- Add the bread crumbs , cheese , salt and pepper .
- Mix well.
- Divide into four equal portions.
- Make balls and then flatten into round Cakes.
- Spray a baking tray with olive oil.
- Place the cakes and bake till golden .