Kaju or cashew Halwa is a Halwa that I made from the Kaju Mithai that I always make.this mithai if kept in frig has a shelf life of 3-6 months. So when ever I make this I save some and freeze it, it comes in handy while making a Indian dessert.
We had some guests for breakfast and that is when I made my Raksha Bandhan Thali. Since it was breakfast I felt the best dessert would be to make a Halwa. Luckily the Kaju mithai was in my freezer, the Kaju Halwa seemed to be a good option. Well even if you do not have the mithai you can still make it with cashew powder.
The Halwa was loved by my guest and they finished the whole bowl. Thankfully I had saved some for this post.
So let’s check how to make this Kaju Halwa
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp wheat flour
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp Cardamon powder
6 Barfi pieces , crushed and cooked in 1 cup milk
1 cup coarsely ground cashews, mixed with 2 cups milk + sugar to taste
1 tsp sugar
Few drops Kewra essence
Heat ghee and add the wheat flour.
Roast the flour till it is pink and lends out a aroma.
Add 1/4 cup milk and immediately add the cooked barfi mix or the cashew paste made from ground cashews.
Add cardamon powder , sugar and mix and let cook on slow fire for 3-4 minutes.
Add kewra essence.
Remove and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
- 6 pieces Kaju barfi / 1 cup coarsely ground cashews mixed with 2 cups milk +sugar
- 1 tsp sugar
- few drops kewra essence
- Heat ghee and add the wheat flour.
- Roast the flour till it is pink and lends out a aroma.
- Add 1/4 cup milk and immediately add the cooked barfi mix or the cashew paste made from ground cashews.
- Stir continuously.
- Add cardamon powder , sugar and mix and let cook on slow fire for 3-4 minutes.
- Add kewra essence.
- Remove and garnish with almonds and pistachios.