Paalak Paneer Bhurji is a delicious Indian curry made with finely chopped spinach and freshly grated cottage cheese with a hint of processed cheese .
This dish is one of the special dishes which features in my party / guest menu. I posted this for the Sindhi Thali . To tell you the truth this is not a traditional Sindhi dish , but since I have been making it for years now along with traditional dishes I have classified as a fusion Sindhi dish .
This is one dish that your guests or family will love . Spinach is something that the kids do not like without paneer , here both paneer and cheese out power the spinach and make it a creamy and cheesy dish with a wonderful flavor .
The tips to get a perfect delicious dish is one the spinach should be chopped very fine . Two do not over cook the dish . Three add cheese right before serving . And lastly do not leave out the kitchen king masala . It definitely lends the dish a scrumptious flavor . With these simple tips you will get a fantastic Paalak Paneer Bhurji .
This is my Day 1 post under the theme ‘One Vegetable Different Ways . Come back tomorrow to check another Spinach dish .
Paalak Paneer Bhurji
1 cup spinach
1 cup cottage cheese , grated
1 onion , finely chopped
3-4 cloves garlic , coarsely crushed
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tomatoes , puréed
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala
1 tsp kasoori methi
Salt to taste
2 cubes cheese , grated
Wash and chop the spinach finely . Keep aside .
Heat a tbsp of oil and add the chopped onions , sauté till translucent .
Add garlic , green chillies and spinach .
Cook till the spinach wilts , it shall take just 2-3 minutes .
Add ginger paste , and tomatoes .
Cook till the oil starts separating .
Add kasoori methi and all the spices . Mix well .
Add the grated cottage cheese and mix again .
Let cook for a minute or two and remove from fire.
Add cheese and serve hot .
Check for more spinach dishes
Paalak Paneer Bhurji
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cottage cheese grated
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic coarsely crushed
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tomatoes puréed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp kitchen king masala
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 2 cubes cheese grated
- Wash and chop the spinach finely . Keep aside .
- Heat a tbsp of oil and add the chopped onions , sauté till translucent .
- Add garlic , green chillies and spinach .
- Cook till the spinach wilts , it shall take just 2-3 minutes .
- Add ginger paste , and tomatoes .
- Cook till the oil starts separating .
- Add kasoori methi and all the spices . Mix well .
- Add the grated cottage cheese and mix again .
- Let cook for a minute or two and remove from fire.
- Add cheese and serve hot .