One can never go wrong with potato dishes, it is a root which is enjoyed by practically all adults and kids. It is versatile and even the simplest dish tastes awesome. Make it without spices and yet you will enjoy it. So , how about making a salad with it. I have a couple of potato salads on my list , but since I chose to cook Greek Cuisine for the last week of BM #76,I decided to make a Greek Potato Salad.
I had already made Briam, a Greek vegetable dish, but was not happy with the pictures, so had to re do a Greek dish. I had absolutely nothing in my frig, and potato is something which is always there, so I picked this simple salad, which hubby and I enjoyed with our dinner. Hubby has told me to make just the salad, and no other dish for next time.The salad can be served either warm or cold, but since it is peak summer I served it cold.
Coming to the recipe
Potatosalata / Greek Potato Salad
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 stem spring onion chopped
- 2-3 tsp coriander / parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes , cut into cubes.
- Heat a pot of water , add salt , and add the cubed potatoes .
- Let them boil till tender , but do not over boil.
- Add chopped onion, coriander, spring onion, include the greens too.
- For dressing combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl, using a whisk.
- Add the dressing to the salad.
- Place in the frig to chill , the flavors will infuse as well.
- If serving warm, add the dressing and serve right away.