Nuts are considered relatively fatty, but they are a powerhouse of unsaturated fat (the good kind) and protein. It means they fill us up faster and for longer, They have higher life expectancy and even help to stabilise blood sugar .
Cashews, almonds, pistachios , walnuts and peanuts have higher amounts of proteins than other nuts like hazelnuts, so I like to mix them , roast them and mix in some curry leaves and masala and a light hand of salt. I also add a variety of seeds for that extra Protein Rich munch. Enjoy these in the evenings or when you need a slight munch .
So today we have a Spicy Nutty & Seedy Mixture which has excellent taste along with that protein. You could vary the nuts and seed proportions , it really doesn’t matter .
Spicy Nuts & Seed Mixture
Lotus stem seeds
Musk melon seeds
Red chilly powder
Roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
Pinch sugar ( optional) I did not use .
Roast all nuts one by one , they can be roasted in an oven or at a stove top too .
Roast the seeds too .
Microwave the curry leaves and once crisp crush them .
Now take a nonstick pan add just enough oil or butter for roasting the dry spices .
Dry roast the spices and curry leaves .
Mix in the roasted nuts and seeds , give it a good mix so they are coated with the spices .
Store in a airtight container.
Spicy Nuts & Seeds Mixture
- Lotus stem seeds
- Flax seed
- Musk melon seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- curry leaves
- red chilly powder
- roasted cumin powder
- chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Pinch sugar I did not use . optional
- Roast all nuts one by one , they can be roasted in an oven or at a stove top too .
- Roast the seeds too .
- Microwave the curry leaves and once crisp crush them .
- Now take a nonstick pan add just enough oil or butter for roasting the dry spices .
- Dry roast the spices and curry leaves .
- Mix in the roasted nuts and seeds , give it a good mix so they are coated with the spices .
- Let cool.
- Store in a airtight container.