Ladoos are a great hit with me . I remember I never used to make them , I would drool over them and wondered how you guys did them so beautifully . I still remember it was one of Priya Srinivasan ‘s recipe which hit the nail on the head and I made the Ladoo. After that there has been no looking back . Here are some of the Ladoos that you can enjoy…and a proof that now I can make them .
Since I have picked Festival Recipes for the first week ,I made Kaju Gulab Barfi and Paan Ladoos for the first two days and for the third day it is yet another Ladoo . This time it’s a Rose flavoured Ladoo with Pistachios stuffing .The base of the Ladoo is coconut and it is flavoured with rose . I used Jannate Gulab , plus few drops rose flavouring along with some food color to give it the pink hue. For stuffing I coarsely ground pistachios and added just a bit of sugar syrup just to make the stuffing a little gooey.
The ladoos turned out absolutely delicious and attracted everyone . They look very festive and can be served for any festival .
Rose Coconut Ladoo
1 cup condensed Milk
1 cup desiccated coconut , plus a few more tbsp for rolling
2 tbsp rose syrup
Few drops pink food color
Few drops rose essence
Ghee , to grease palms when rolling ladoos
2-3 tbsp pistachios , coarsely ground
Few drops sugar syrup
Chopped pistachios with a tsp of sugar syrup
Roast the coconut for 2-3 minutes on low heat .
Add the condensed milk .
Mix together and cook for 2-3 minutes , till the mixture is slightly thick .
Add the rose essence , food color and rose syrup
Mix well till the colour is evenly distributed.
Grease your palms with ghee .
Pinch out lemon sized ball , flatten it.
Mix a teaspoon of sugar syrup to the chopped pistachios and place 1/4 tsp in the center
Bring the edges together and roll to form a ball .
Roll into desiccated coconut .
Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Rose Coconut Ladoo with Pistachio
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut plus a few more tbsp for rolling
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Few drops pink food color
- Rose syrup
- ghee to grease palms when rolling ladoos
- 2-3 tbsp Pistachios coarsely ground
- Few drops sugar syrup
- Chopped pistachios
- Roast the coconut for 2-3 minutes on low heat .
- Add the condensed milk .
- Mix together and cook for 2-3 minutes , till the mixture is slightly thick .
- Add the rose essence , food color and rose syrup.
- Mix well till the colour is evenly distributed.
- Grease your palms with ghee .
- Pinch out lemon sized ball , flatten it.
- Place the pistachios mix in the centre .
- Bring the edges together and roll to form a ball .
- Roll into desiccated coconut .
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.