Among popular SIndhi cuisines we have a long list . Kadi Chawara, Daal Pakwan, Seyu Patata and Sai Bhaji rank almost on the top . Sai Bhaji is spinach with lentil and veggies cooked together and then mashed up , just like how we mash Pav Bhaji . This is a green that we enjoy with a combo of Bhuga Chawara . Wondering why I am talking about Sai Bhaji and Mashed up ? Well this week’s theme is Mashed Up .
Normally I do not have leftovers but this time I made extra Sai Bhaji to make these Tikkis . All Sindhi houses make either Tikkis or koftas from the left over saibhaji.I have’nt posted the koftas as yet, but shall do so soon.
Tikkis are always a hit in our family and here are some Tikkis using Spinach..which are healthy as well as delicious.
Sai Bhaji Tikki
2 cups ready SaiBhaji
1 onion , finely chopped
2-3 green chilly, finely chopped
1 tsp dry pomegranate seeds ( optional but recommended)
1/2 cup chickpea flour
Add the Sai Bhaji to a nonstick pan.
Cook stirring often till it is completely dry .
Add all ingredients and mix well .
Depending on the size you want to make , pinch out balls and form tikkis .
Roast them on a nonstick pan till crisp .
- 2 cups ready SaiBhaji
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilly finely chopped
- 1 tsp dry pomegranate seeds optional but recommended
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- coriander leaves
- Add the SaiBhaji to a nonstick pan.
- Cook stirring often till it is completely dry .
- Let cool.
- Add all ingredients and mix well .
- Depending on the size you want to make , pinch out balls and form tikkis .
- Roast them on a nonstick pan till crisp .