I remember my granny making real big size Tikkis when we had guest , she would say how can be serve such small ones , specially to guest . I came to Gujarat and here they always served small portions . Initially I wondered why but over a period of time I feel yes they were right . We all need portion control . Also bite sized appetisers are so much more convenient to serve as well eat .
Yes I am working on the bite sized appetiser theme and today I have Vada Pav Bites . I used mini burger buns , scooped them a little , just enough for a mini vada to fit in . Both green Chutney and garlic chutneys enhance the taste of the vada Pav . You could apply a little butter to the buns and MW for just 10 seconds before serving . These bites make excellent appetisers for a party .
But let me also tell you that there are many more versions of Vada Pav.
Vada Pav Bites, The famous Maharashtrian street Food
Vada Pav Bites
- Mini burger buns
- Batata Vada
- green chutney
- Lassan ki Chutney
- Using a mini round cookie cutter make a deep incession in the centre of the bun .
- With a scooper scoop out the bun , it should be the size of the mini vada .
- Apply a thin layer of butter on the bun .
- Microwave the bun for a few seconds .
- Drop a spoonful of green Chutney in the depression .
- Fix the vada into the depression .
- Top with lassan ki chutney.